Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Harvick VS. Busch / Montoya VS. Newman

I've been pondering whether or not the "have at it boys" is a good thing for NASCAR or not.  I guess I can take it or leave it but I'm not the average fan.  Does the average fan want to see NASCAR turn into the WWE?  I don't know but maybe NASCAR does, look at how many people watch the WWE!  Look at how many people slow way down on the freeway to see if someone is laying on the roadside with their guts hanging out.  I guess this is truly what our society wants to see.

The fans have been wanting to see the REAL emotions of their favorite drivers.  When you ask fans what they come to see, the average fan says the wrecks.  Did Kyle Busch cross the line by using his car to push another car with no driver into the pit wall, ultimately putting others safety at risk?  I say yes and he should have been suspended one race.  The pushing, shoving, and yelling at each other, I'm good with it, most the time they don't take their helmets off anyway!  NASCAR is desperate to increase their ratings and sell more tickets.  Most every track has been down on attendance and ratings have been down until late.

It's drama that sells and NASCAR knows it!

No comments:

Post a Comment