Monday, May 2, 2011

Raking The Back Gate

My recent visit to Magic Valley Speedway on April 23rd was a shocker.  In fact I've just recovered enough to write about it.  I traveled with a friend, Eric Rhead who was competing in the CarbonX Rocky Mountain Challenge Series.  I told the gal at the pit shack that I wanted a pit pass and she told me it would be $40.00 dollars.  My first thought was maybe she thought I was paying for someone else.  Then she said it is $40.00 for non-member (NASCAR).  You see you have to purchase a NASCAR crew license at a NASCAR sanctioned track and that cost is upwards of $75.00 dollars.  You see the series only races there three times, so if I did buy a license then it would cost me $55.00 per pit pass. 

Its funny how guys like track owner Eddie McKeen seem to forget how much racing costs and that they were on the other side of the fence complaining about the cost of pit passes.  Shame on you, you've fallen into the trap of "I don't have a good show so I have to pay for my track somehow so lets RAKE the back gate" mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment